While thinking about the best tutorial to close my Mother's Day Gifts series the thought of making a crown seemed just perfect!
THESE ARE THE MATERIALS YOU NEED:
- Watercolours paper
- Gift Wrapping papers or scrapbooking papers
- Paper scissors
- Millinery flowers
- Glue Gun
- Glue Sticks
- German Glass Glitter or synthetic
- White Glue
- Craft Brushes
The secret about making a good paper crown template is the type of paper used. The best choice is Watercolour paper. Buy a block of sheets and many crowns! It's sturdy enough and flexible. Notice that this crown ties at the back of your head with fabric ribbons.
TIP: Always try to keep your crown front design well balanced and not too crowded.
HOW TO CUT YOUR PAPER CROWN TEMPLATE:
- Gather and combine decorative papers. Choose your favorite colours and textures.
- Begin by scanning and printing your crown template.
- Cut it out with paper scissors.
- Transfer your paper crown template onto the Watercolour paper sheet with a pencil.
- Repeat the same process to make your full template.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR PAPER CROWN TIES:
- Using a hole-punch, punch out a hole on each lower edge of your paper crown at the same level. About 1/2" from the corner.
- Glitter the paper crown edges and let dry completely.
TIP: My favorite ribbons are organza and silk. They give a luxurious look to your crowns.
- Pass the ribbon through the holes.
- Make at least two knots on the ribbon to secure it.
- You may need even more knots depending on the type of ribbon you chose.
HOW TO DESIGN YOUR BOUQUET:
- Choose leaf branches in different colours and your favorite millinery flowers.
- Assemble and arrange them like the image above. Place longer stems at the back and shorter ones on the front.
- Hot glue them.
- For a more realistic look slightly bend flowers and stems.
I hope you enjoy making a paper crown for a very special Mom. Happy Mother's Day!
NOTE: If you make my Vintage Garden Crown I would love to see it and feature it on my blog. Send me your images at gabriela.delworth (@)gmail.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Gabriela Delworth. Lifestyle Blogger, DIY Author and Crafts Industry Designer who makes creativity a ritual. Aesthetically reactive to beautiful things.
Mission: to inspire you
LET’S GET SOCIAL!
Find me on LinkedIn, Twitter and Pinterest.